Submitted by: Meredith Hink MS, RD, CD
Yield: 12 seitan kebabs with sauce
Seitan on a stick anyone? Seitan, with its chewy texture, makes a perfect protein to add to shish kabobs. Pair it with a little broccoli, sweet pineapple, and some peanut butter sauce for a spicy, yet sweet combination.
- 1 -20 oz. can pineapple chunks in juice
- ½ cup crunchy, natural peanut butter
- ½ cup Tofutti® Sour Supreme®
- 2 Tbsp jalapeno pepper, finely diced (include seeds)
- 1-2 tsp. Tabasco® sauce (optional)
- 2 cups seitan, cubed into 1” pieces
- 4 cups fresh broccoli spears
- 12 skewers
- Drain juice from canned pineapples. Combine ½ cup reserved pineapple juice with peanut butter, Sour Supreme®, diced jalapenos, and Tabasco® sauce in a bowl. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat grill to medium high heat (525◦F).
- Place seitan, broccoli spears, and pineapple chunks on shish kabobs. Brush seitan with ½ cup of the peanut butter sauce.
- Grill for 10 minutes.
- Serve with extra peanut butter sauce.