Why The Vegetarian Nutrition DPG
- The Vegetarian Nutrition DPG is the authority on evidence-based plant-based nutrition.
- VN DPG’s vision is to optimize global health and well-being by:
- Creating and disseminating plant-based nutrition education materials
- Supporting cutting edge research
- Advocating for influential public policy
Vegetarian Nutrition Resources For All:
For RDs and Consumers:
VNDPG's Diversity Team is excited to launch Culture Cuisine Plates! As part of the Academy's Diversity Grant, we reached out to authors and reviewers and were able to create handouts for four different cultures and cuisines.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Vegetarian Diets:
This RD Resource explains the types and functions of omega-3 fatty acids, chronic disease risk, provides evidence-based recommendations for ALA, supplements, and more.
- Soy Safety and Health Effects of Isoflavones:
Be sure to read the newly updated “Soy Safety and Health Effect of Isoflavones” RD Resource for Consumers! Use this to help consumers and clients understand what isoflavones are, need-to-know information about the association between soy and heart health, thyroid function, bone health, breast cancer, and more.
- Plant-Based Diets to Combat Climate Change:
Check out the newly updated “Plant-Based Diets to Combat Climate Change and to Protect Planetary Health” RD Resource for Consumers! This consumer-friendly resource explains how the modern food systems negatively impact human health and the environment, information about planetary health and boundaries, and more. It also includes tasty plant-based meal options and other sustainability tips!