Submitted by: Tomeka Young
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 medium white eggplants
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 large tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp basil, dried
- 1 Cup parmesan
- Rinse and dry eggplant.
- Dice eggplant, tomatoes, and onions into small cubes.
- Pour olive oil into large frying pan and heat pan on stove top over medium heat.
- Add eggplant cubes and red onion. Stir until coated with oil.
- Cover pan and turn heat down to low for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once eggplant no longer looks white, stir in tomatoes, garlic, and basil.
- Turn heat off. Sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.
Nutritionals (per serving)
Calories: 354; Total Fat: 23 g; Saturated Fat: 6 g; Cholesterol: 20 mg; Sodium: 511 mg; Total Carbohydrates: 24 g; Fiber: 11 g; Sugar: 10 g; Vitamin A: 7% DV; Vitamin C: 47% DV; Calcium: 49% DV; Iron: 6% DV