Recipe by: Melinda Boyd, MPH, RD
Yield: 8 servings – 1/8 of the pie
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Bite into this delicious pie that can satisfy your sweet tooth. Eating this at any celebration will remind you that healthy is easy, tastes good and doesn’t have to take too much time. Plus, you will be amazed at how creamy this pie is from the tofu…and no one will even know you snuck tofu in your pie. What a surprise your guests would get to find out that this is a delicious vegetarian treat!
- 1 – 12.3 oz pkg Mori-Nu® Silken tofu, firm, pressed to remove excess water
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Frozen raspberries, thawed and drained to remove excess water
- 1 each Lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp Lemon zest
- 1 – 1.75 oz pkg Sure Jell® (pectin) or similar brand of pectin
- 1 – 9 inch Graham cracker pie crust, prepared (or similar/homemade for vegan crust)
- Fresh or frozen raspberries for garnish
Additional Items Needed
- Food processor preferably, blender (optional)
- 1 flexible spatula
- In a food processor or a blender puree tofu, sugar, raspberries, lemon juice, lemon zest and pectin until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Garnish with raspberries.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Nutritionals (1 piece- 1/8th pie)
Calories: 211; Total Fat: 8.7 g; Saturated Fat: 1.7 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 187 mg; Carbohydrates: 29.9 g; Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g; Sugar: 19.3 g; Protein: 4.5 g; Vitamin A: 250 IU; Vitamin C: 16.2 mg; Calcium 30 mg; Iron: 1.26 mg