Submitted by: Shari Portnoy, MPH, RD, LD
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup Whole grain quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable flavor soup base
- ¼ cup Cashew nuts, crushed
- 1 Onion
- ½ tsp Oil
- 1 ½ cups Frozen, mixed vegetables
- Bring 2 cups water and vegetable base to boil in 2 quart sauce pan.
- Add the quinoa and bring back to boil and cover. Cook about 12 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and let stand.
- Cook the frozen vegetables in the microwave or steam.
- Sauté the onions in a small amount of oil.
- Mix the quinoa, onions, vegetables, and cashew nuts. Save some nuts to garnish on top.
Nutritional Information (2.5 oz):
Calories: 138; Total Fat: 5 g; Saturated Fat: 1 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 255 mg; Carbohydrates: 19 g; Fiber: 3 g; Sugar: 2 g; Protein: 5 g; Vitamin A: 8% DV; Vitamin C: 2% DV; Calcium: 2% DV; Iron: 11% DV