Submitted by: Meredith Hink MS, RD, CD
Yield: approx. 3 cups of fruity rice
Rice is a staple for breakfast, lunch, and dinner throughout the world. This simple, easy to prepare dish is a flavorful way to get your day started and allows for many different variations. Garnish with yogurt and a dash of cinnamon (as pictured) or other fun toppings such as wheat germ, nuts, dried fruit, and/or spices for extra flavor.
- 1 cup dry, short-grain rice
- 2 ¼ cups prepared fruit juice (flavor of choice)
- Place 2 ¼ cups of fruit juice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in 1 cup of short-grain rice, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and cover tightly for 10 minutes.