Written by Meredith Hink MS, RD, CD
Yield: 1 tray of fruit leather
Create your own healthy snacks with a food dehydrator. When making fruit leathers you need a special thin tray that allows you to spread out the sauce so it will dry evenly. Make your next food adventure this chewy, naturally sweet fruit leather.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/8 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Oil a fruit leather tray.
- In a bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, peanut butter, and applesauce until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a spatula, spread thinly over fruit leather tray.
- Dry overnight (10-12 hours) on fruit/vegetable setting (135◦F) or until leather is no longer moist and can be peeled from tray.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and bag for quick access.