Submitted by: Marni (Rakes) Sumbal, MS
Yield: 2 – 1 ½ cup servings
This grab and go delight tastes best when fresh, but also will store for 1-2 days if wrapped with plastic wrap. For this recipe I used a brown rice spring roll wrap.
- 1 cup Long grain, parboiled, brown rice
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Gala apples, chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups Firm tofu, cubed
- ½ cup White onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Chives, chopped
- ¼ cup Cranberries
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Cook 1 cup long grain, brown rice according to directions on package/box (or you may use any grain).
- In a large pot drizzle olive oil and turn heat to medium.
- Add apple, tomatoes, tofu, and onion. Stir occasionally.
- When apple and tofu begin to turn light brown (around 4-5 minutes), add chives and cranberries. Lightly
stir and turn heat to low.
- After 2-3 minutes add balsamic vinegar and stir. Turn off heat and remove pot from burner.
- Serve 1 ½ cups of tofu mixture on ½ cup brown rice. Enjoy.
Nutritionals: (per 1 ½ cup)
Calories: 398; Total Fat: 12 g; Saturated Fat: 1.5 g; Sodium: 82 mg; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Carbohydrate: 60 g; Fiber: 8 g; Sugar: 30 g; Protein: 16 g; Vitamin A: 74% DV; Vitamin C: 121% DV; Calcium: 26% DV; Iron: 42% DV