Written by Natalie Martin, MS, RD
No cooking required!
Whip these up in the time it takes for the kids to walk from the bus to the kitchen! Though grape is a favorite, feel free to use berries, bananas or sliced peaches. Kids can enjoy this treat on-the-spot or you can wrap in foil and take them for the road.
- 2 Tablespoons chunky peanut butter (no sugar or oil added)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 100% whole grain wrap (10 inch)
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- ground cinnamon
- Stir together peanut butter and chia seeds (if using).
- Spread peanut butter mixture evenly on wrap, leaving 1 inch around the outside.
- Line grape halves up the middle of the wrap, leaving 1 inch at each end.
- Sprinkle grapes lightly with cinnamon.
- Roll tightly into a wrap making sure to fold the ends in.
- Chia seeds add extra nutrients and your kids won’t even notice them. Another nutritious option is stirring ground flaxseed into peanut butter.
- For a peanut-free wrap, substitute almond butter or sunflower seed butter.