Posted on October 20, 2019
Written by Meredith Hink MS, RD, CD
Often the star at holiday celebrations, sweet potatoes make a wonderful addition to lunch or dinner throughout the year.
Often this vegetable is the star at holiday celebrations when it finds its way into sweet side dishes or baked into pies, but sweet potatoes make a wonderful addition to lunch or dinner throughout the year. Sweet potatoes can be baked, boiled, or even micro-waved as a healthy side dish or added to a main dish at any meal. One baked, medium (5″ length) sweet potato provides approximately
- 103 Calories
- 4 grams of fiber
- 24 grams of carbohydrate
- 22 mg Vitamin C (which is 37% of the Daily Value)
- 21,909 IU of Vitamin A (which is over 4 times the amount required in a day)
If you are looking for a new way to add this colorful vegetable that is packed with Vitamins A and C to your diet, create crispy baked fries for dinner tonight.
Lemony Pepper Sweet Potato Fries
Yield: 3 cups
- 1 lb raw sweet potatoes (approx 3-4 medium)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash® lemon pepper seasoning blend or other favorite seasoning
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Spray or rub with cooking oil.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into fries that are approximately ½” thick by 2-3″ long.
- Mix lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning blend in a large bowl.
- Add sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Spread sweet potatoes in a single layer on the two baking sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the fries have decreased in size by half and are soft in the middle.