We make this in advance and use this for many meals; it is very quick and delicious. This guac can be made extra creamy or chunky, with or without pepper and I personally like a little extra lemon and yes to garlic!
- 2-3 avocados, peel, pit, and mash (save a seed!)
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 small or ½ large tomato, diced (Roma works well)
- 1 Tbs cilantro
- Dash of pepper (black or cayenne)
- ½ serrano pepper, finely chopped
- Optional: ½ cup diced white onion
- Optional 1 clove minced garlic
- In a medium bowl mash the avocados, lemon juice and salt. Mix in the remaining ingredients. This is best stored in an airtight container and with the saved seed to help promote freshness, in addition to a light layer of lemon juice as a barrier. I might add a little variation to the ingredients by adding a little chili powder and comino (cumin).
For an amazingly fast meal use leftover beans on tostadas with guacamole, lettuce, tomato, and onion!