This fund was established from the Block V. McDonald’s Settlement with the purpose of supporting dietetics students/professionals with a commitment to vegetarianism.
One award of $10,000 at least every two (2) years or as the budget allows
The purpose of this award is to recognize an individual for innovative research related to vegetarian nutrition.
Recipient Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a registered dietitian, NDTR, or a dietetic student member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- If a student, must be admitted to a graduate/doctoral program in nutrition, public health, public health policy, or other related field.
- Preference should be given to current members of the Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group.
Scoring Criteria (point values are included on the score sheet):
- VN DPG Membership Preferred (two years or more)
- Understanding of the Research Problem
- Appropriateness of the Research Design and Method
- Research Feasibility
- Appropriateness of Budget
- Capacity of the Principal Investigator and Co-Investigators
- The review process will be blinded
Ongoing Recipient Requirements:
- Applicant must submit a midterm and final research report
- A final report will be due within three months of completion of the study.
- The grant recipient must submit an article to the Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group for possible publication in Vegetarian Nutrition Update or submit a poster or educational session for presentation at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo.
More information on Criteria and Restrictions