VN Award: Cyndi Reeser Outstanding State Coordinator of the Year
One award of $250
The purpose of this award is to recognize an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership and service as a state coordinator for the VN DPG and who has made exceptional contributions toward the promotion of vegetarian nutrition throughout the year (June 1 through May 30).
The criteria for nominees are:
- The successful candidate must be a VN DPG member in good standing.
- The nominee must demonstrate outstanding service and leadership as State Coordinator and exemplary dedication to vegetarian dietetics.
- Networking with and providing guidance to members in his/her state.
- Promoting the VN DPG by exhibiting and/or providing presentations at state and/or local dietetic association meetings.
- Speaking to the media about the VN DPG locally or statewide.
- Organizing professional discussion groups and/or journal clubs for members at a local and/or state level.
- Providing innovative education in vegetarian nutrition to professionals and the general public.
- Being active in the general promotion of sound vegetarian/vegan diets
through research, publications, public policy work, and/or involvement in related national, state and local organizations.
- Nominations must be received by September 1 of each year.
- Submissions are to be sent to the State Coordinator Chair
- Submissions should include the following:
- Name and contact information.
- A letter of justification for the nomination, including a description of activities, presentations and exhibits conducted by the State Coordinator, with an assessment of how these efforts contributed to the award criteria listed above, such as the number of VN DPG and non-VN DPG members contacted and related outcomes.
Selection and Notification:
- The award winner will be determined by a vote of the Executive Committee.
- The recipient of the award will be notified by e-mail, telephone or mail within a week of the selection, and the presentation of the award will be made at the upcoming Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) (award will be mailed if winner does not attend the conference or other arrangements may be made, for example, to present the award to the winner at local event).